Saturday, December 5, 2009

taking a collaborative approach

Inspired by the presentation my study group did - (Janshs blog) and the great PD session run at my school with ideas from @vickitoria35 I have decided to change my end of term activity for my GCSE Maths groups in Y10 and 11 (14-16 year olds).

I am going to set up four or five wikis and split class into small groups. They are doing a project on properties of 3D shapes which I usually do as a cut, stick, write, summarise activity on paper. This time I am going to ask them to put their results into a joint presentation using a wiki and maybe other ideas like Voki and Wallwisher as well. I am hoping that all this will take just 2 weeks - we'll see how it goes.

If anyone knows any cartoon strip software that's free (like Dvolver) it would be good to hear about it.

I'm going to mention this on Twitter too so maybe some of my students will get a heads up.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jan,
    For fee cartoon strips you can try toondoo, bitstrips, pixton or makebelivecomix.

    Hope you find my blog post on this useful, it has examples from each of these

    http://newlearning.wordpress.com/2009/08/18/elearning-in-90-seconds-bitstrips/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have replied via Twitter too, but we find Strip Generator really useful and simple to use.

    ReplyDelete